How to get the best result out of your custom fabricated whitening trays.
- Brush your teeth well before inserting the trays.
- Fill the trays only with the amount of bleach needed to cover the teeth, this is generally 1/4 to 1/3 of a syringe (you should not have excess material flow into your mouth when you insert the trays).
- We generally recommend that on the first treatment, you wear them for 30 minutes. This will allow you to assess if your teeth become sensitive after treatment. If you have sensitivity, we generally recommend that you decrease treatment frequency (i.e. shorten the time or do it every other day instead of daily).
- If you have no sensitivity and would like to decrease how long it takes to get your ideal shade, you can wear the strength of the agent we use for up to 1 hour.
- Ideal results are generally achieved in two weeks.
- Avoid coffee, cigarettes, and red wine while whitening. Your teeth will stain more easily during and immediately after whitening.
- If you are whitening prior to new dental work, whitening needs to be completed two weeks prior to any dental work.
- Click here for additional instructions if you are using our Opalescence Go Product!
Scroll To Top
Web Development by JTech Communications© 2023 Great Divide Dental