For most crown work you will be numb. This numbness generally wears off in 2-4 hours. Once the numbness wears off, there are a couple of things to keep in mind. It is normal to experience:
- Some swelling at the injection sites. This should resolve in 2 to 4 days.
- Some soreness of the jaw on opening and closing. This is caused either by the injection or because you were holding it open for the duration of the appointment.
- Increased sensitivity in that tooth for a time (a couple of days to a month).
- If you notice that the bite feels high once the numbing has worn off please notify us right away. We will get you in to adjust the bite.
- You might also notice that the gums are sore. This is normal and saltwater rinses may be soothing.
Web Development by JTech Communications© 2024 Great Divide Dental